Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tea Cozy


Yarn: Lambs Pride Worsted
Needles: size 7 straights
Knit in 2 pieces and sewn together

Pattern:
Make 2
CO 31 sts
Knit 2 rows
Increase 1 stitch at the beginning of the next 4 rows (35 sts total)
Knit 30 rows in Stockinette Stitch (knit right side, purl wrong side)
Decreasing:
R1: *k5, k2tog, k1, repeat K3 (31 sts)
R2: purl
R3: *k5, k2tog, repeat, k3 (27 sts)
R4: purl
R5: *k4, k2tog, repeat, k3(23 sts)
R6: purl
R7: k2 (k2, k2tog, k1) repeat, k3(19 sts)
R8: purl
R9: *k2, k2tog, repeat, k3(15 sts)
R10: purl
R11: *k1, k2tog across(11 sts)
R12: purl
BO
Sew both sides together leaving holes large enough for the spout and handle of your teapot
Bottom should be rolled up. The top should remain open for lid handle.

7 comments:

Crafty Lulu said...

I have some questions about the decreases... I'm finding that my first row of decreases don't seem to line up with your pattern...Can you maybe reword it?

So I k5, k2tog, k1...what do I repeat? The k5, k2tog or the k1, k2tog??

Anonymous said...

I have the same question. None of the possible decreases will leave enough stitches for the k3 at the end of the first decrease row.

Cheryl said...

Sorry for the SUPER late response.

So you're basically decreasing 4 stitches every round.

I'll reworded it, and hope that it helps.

Thanks for the heads up! And sorry for the confusion.

Anonymous said...

Hi

I have just made this item and I have to advise on a few errors in your decrease.

Row 7 - to be left with 19sts, you only k1 at the end of row and not k3 as per the instructions on the pattern.

Row 11 - leaves 10 sts and not 11 as noted here, other than that the pattern is great, thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cheryl, I have made several of your cozies, and given them as gifts. I am starting again this year. I have a question regarding the first six rows. (You might say, why am I asking now!) are the 1st six rows (the four with the increases) all just knit, and the 30 rows of stockinette follow, or do the four increase rows count in the 30? Thanks

Cheryl Fisher LMT said...

So the first 2 rows are garter stitch and that's so it rolls to fit any height of teapot. Then its stockinette stitch the rest of the way.

Hope that helps!

Pam R. said...

Which stitch do you use to sew them together?
https://vimeo.com/155532413